Kaanapali Beach Rentals Maui BlogVisit Hawaii on a regular basis with our weekly Maui blog. Featuring island activities, events, tours, news, fundraisers and more. Subscribe to receive notification of blog updates!
May 22, 2015
Comedian Brian Regan to Perform on Maui
If you're on the lookout for interesting things to do on your vacation to Maui, there's a very exciting stand-up comedy show coming up on May 30th at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center (MACC). World famous comedian Brian Regan is coming to Maui as a part of his extensive Live Comedy Tour.
Anyone who's a fan of stand-up comedy knows how prolific Brian's career has been, and he's been so successful for so many years, he's widely considered one of the best comedians in the country. This particular tour is part of his ten-year non-stop theater tour, where he visits nearly a hundred cities each year. You can find clips of his comedy bits all over the internet, along with his Comedy Central specials. He's also in the upcoming Chris Rock movie, Top Five.
This show is an easy one to recommend, because Brian's comedy is easy to relate to. He doesn't tend to be vulgar, which makes him ideal for those who prefer clean comedy, such as families with kids. It's a competitive business that he's in, so you can rest assured that the staying power of his career is no accident. His stand-up is sometimes clever, sometimes silly, but always entertaining.
Here are a couple of short blurbs from his peers:
“One of my favorite, favorite stand-up comedians.” –Jerry Seinfeld
“I’ll take all of that guy you got…very funny man.” –David Letterman
If you're interested in getting tickets, you should move quickly, because his shows tend to sell out fast. The show will be on May 30th at 8pm at the MACC, which is an hour from our west Maui accommodations. Tickets are $56.50. You can purchase them at mauiarts.org, and you can learn more about Brian at his website, www.brianregan.com.
May 19, 2015
Top 10 Restaurants in Kaanapali
Visiting West Maui? There are a million fun things to do while you're out exploring our beautiful island, and at some point you are going to want to sit down, relax and enjoy a delicious meal. We put together some of our favorite restaurants around Kaanapali, including fine dining experience, casual sit down or something quick to-go. Check-out our Top 10 restaurants:
1. Duke's Beach House - Just walking distance from Honua Kai Resort & Spa, Duke's is located at Ka'anapali Beach. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, enjoy mouthwatering island inspired cuisine that is sure to please your taste buds. To view their menu and to make a reservation, visit www.DukesMaui.com
2. Leilani's On The Beach - Located at Whalers Village on Kaanapali Beach, offering a variety of appetizers, salad, sea food and traditional favorites off the grill. Enjoy the beach side grill with oceanfront views or upstairs for a more formal dining experience. For more details about their menu, visit www.Leilanis.com
3. Hula Grill - Enjoy ocean front casual dining with outdoor seating and live music. They offer a large variety of America, Asian Fusion and Hawaiian inspired cuisine and a dessert menu you won't want to miss out on. For more information, visit www.HulaGrillKaanapali.com
4. Shark Pit - Food Truck Favorites. This food truck is located just off the main tourist path and is a local hidden gem. With raving reviews and a variety to choose from, including fish tacos, burgers, Korean beef tacos, grilled corn and more, you won't be disappointed. Be sure to get their early before it's all gone. For details and location, visit their Facebook Page
5. Roy's - You may find a Roy's in your hometown but it's still a Kaanapali favorite. Internationally influenced and Hawaiian inspired cuisine, enjoy this delectable dining experience and views of the Kaanapali Golf Course. To view their menu or to make a reservation, visit www.RoysHawaii.com
6. The Fish Market Maui - Catch of the day! Serving lunch and dinner, enjoy fresh fish daily. Dine in or take out and choose from sandwiches, tacos, burritos, fish market plates, soups, salads and more. Get there early, and don't miss the catch of the day. For more information and details, visit www.FishMarketMaui.com
7. Son'z Steakhouse - Fine dining at the Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa. Relax with beautiful views and enjoy the award-winning wine list and menu including a variety of appetizers, fresh fish, steaks and more. Stop by for Happy Hour, you won't be disappointed. For details, visit www.SonzRestaurant.com
8. The Pizza Connection - Pizza anyone? This mobile wood fire brick oven makes some of the best thin crust pizza in West Maui. For those of you who enjoy Hawaiian pizza, try The Flyin' Hawaiian which includes local and fresh Maui Gold pineapple. Be sure to call in your order or be prepared to wait a little, but the wait is worth it. To view their menu and to place your order, visit www.ThePizzaConnectionMaui.com
9. Ululani's - Shaved Ice is a local favorite and with an endless list of flavors and combinations, you are sure to enjoy this local treat. Make sure to ask for the soft served ice cream at the bottom and load it up with lots of delicious toppings. For locations and a list of flavors, visit www.UlulanisHawaiianShaveIce.com
10. Pulehu, An Italian Grill Pulehu, An Italian Grill - In the mood for Italian food? "Pulehu" meaning cooked over an open flame and this is exactly how they prepare your meal. Conveniently located at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, enjoy delicious Italian dining including antipasti, flat breads, salads pasta and more. For reservations and to view their menu, visit Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, enjoy delicious Italian dining including antipasti, flat breads, salads pasta and more. For reservations and to view their menu, visit www.PulehuRestaurantMaui.com
There are a number of great places to dine in West Maui, both local and main stream so it was challenging to choose only ten. If you've tried any of these restaurants, let us know what you think and share with us your favorite places to dine in Kaanapali. Please leave us your suggestions in our comment section below and we hope that you enjoy our recommended list of restaurants in West Maui Kaanapali.
May 15, 2015
Maui Visitor Arrivals Grow Faster Than State Average
Unsure about which Hawaiian island to visit? Maui County's visitor arrivals are performing better than the state average, which tells you just how highly visitors value a Maui vacation. Maui County's arrivals increased by 8.3 percent in March, while the state's arrivals increased by 7 percent. In the first quarter, Maui County had a 6.3 percent increase in arrivals, while the state saw only a 3 percent climb. Keep in mind that Maui's numbers are helping to bring up the state's average as well.
Oahu consistently draws in the most visitors among the islands, but Maui's arrivals are growing faster this year, so far. Maui vacation accommodations cost more than the other islands, on average, but that doesn't stop the island from bringing in visitors like this. There are two main factors at play here. One being that visitors consider a Maui vacation to be worth the higher cost, and the other being that visitors have more money to spend on their vacation.
The aforementioned statistics come from the Hawaii Tourism Authority, which routinely collects and analyzes this kind of data. Their report outlined an interesting discovery: a growing number of "day trippers." This refers to visitors who visit an island just for a day before jetting off to somewhere else. It's an effective way to discover a place without investing in a full-length vacation, which might just suit your plans. The number of day trippers visiting Maui increased by 12.6 percent in March, compared to the same month last year, and increased 12.9 percent in the first quarter.
Visitor spending told a similar story in March. Maui had an 8.5 percent increase, while the state's increase was 3 percent. In the first quarter, Maui had a 4.6 percent increase in spending, while the state saw a 1.3 percent drop. The HTA feels that the strengthening of the dollar is responsible, because it reduces spending from Japanese visitors.
If you are interested in a Maui vacation, we encourage you to browse through our accommodations to find something that suits your needs. We hope you've found this post informative, and will be happy to assist you if you need us. You'll find our contact information at the bottom of the page. Mahalo, and happy travels!
May 08, 2015
Featured Kaanapali Shores Beachfront Condo
When you're on vacation to Maui, the right accommodations go a long way. Your home base should be beautiful, soothing and comfortable. Spacious is another sought after quality, and this is where vacation rental condos surpass hotel rooms. A perfect example is our stunning two-bedroom, two-bathroom Kaanapali Shores condo rental.
Situated within a luxurious oceanfront resort, this breathtaking renovated unit provides beautiful views of the sparkling blue Pacific. Imagine relaxing on your seventh-floor lanai and watching the flaming sunsets as the gentle, balmy breezes caress your skin. Inside, the cool air will refresh you after your warm, tropical adventures. So will the full kitchen when you whip up your cool drinks and tasty meals.
The master bedroom features a king-sized bed, while there are two twin beds in the guest room. If you need more sleeping space, the living room has been outfitted with a queen sofa sleeper, which means that six can comfortably sleep here. The interior is 964 square feet, and the lanai outside adds another 111 square feet.
Each room has its own flat screen TV, while the living room features a new 40" Smart WiFi TV, which is hooked up to LR-Netflix. You'll have all the necessities, including extra beach towels and linens.
If you fall in love with it, you may be interested to know that this stunning vacation rental is for sale, and comes fully furnished. With a robust rental history, it would make an excellent investment property, especially given the long list of amenities at Kaanapali Shores. This full service resort consists of 463 units, boasting two beautiful swimming pools and hot tubs, as well as tennis courts, a gym, a game room, BBQ areas, a general store and an on-site restaurant and lounge. Perched on the world famous Kaanapali Beach, endless ocean activities are at your fingertips. Some of Maui's finest golf courses can be found nearby, along with numerous restaurants and shops.
If you need more information on this gem, whether you'd like to rent or buy, you'll find our contact information at the bottom of the page. Mahalo!
May 01, 2015
Maui Earns Second Place in Travelers Choice Islands 2015
The results are in for TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Islands 2015, where the websites users vote on the best islands to visit throughout the world. Maui came in second place after Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos islands. Of course, we think Maui is the best, or in Hawaiian, "Maui no ka oi!"
The outcome was a bit surprising, but being voted the second best island to visit in the world is an incredible distinction. For reference, Roatan in Honduras came in next at No. 3, while Santorini in Greece came in at No. 4. Maui was the only Hawaiian island to make the list, which is something you should keep in mind if you're still deciding on your Hawaii vacation destination. There were some other Pacific islands to make the list, including Bali, Indonesia, which came in at No. 7, and Bora Bora in French Polynesia, which came in at No. 9.
If you live in the U.S., one of the best things about Maui is that you don't need a passport to visit, and you don't have to worry about foreign legal quirks, exchange rates or language barriers. Those conveniences go a long way, which is why the U.S. is lucky to have Maui, among other reasons.
If the cost is a challenge, many of our listings feature vacation rental specials for deals to save money on accommodations. That will usually be your biggest vacation expense, so if you can save money there, you might find that a Maui vacation isn't beyond your reach at all! If you need assistance with your accommodations, you'll find our contact information at the bottom of the page. We'd love to assist you. Mahalo for reading this week!
- April 2015 (4)
- March 2015 (4)
- February 2015 (4)
- January 2015 (5)
- December 2014 (4)
- November 2014 (4)
- October 2014 (5)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (5)
- July 2014 (4)
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (5)
- April 2014 (4)
- March 2014 (4)
- February 2014 (4)
- January 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (4)
- November 2013 (5)
- October 2013 (4)
- September 2013 (4)
- August 2013 (5)
- July 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (4)
- March 2013 (5)
- February 2013 (4)
- January 2013 (4)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (4)
- September 2012 (4)
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (5)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (4)
- March 2012 (4)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (4)
- December 2011 (5)
- November 2011 (4)
- October 2011 (4)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (4)
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (4)
- March 2011 (5)
- February 2011 (4)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (4)
- October 2010 (5)
- September 2010 (4)
- August 2010 (4)
- July 2010 (5)
- June 2010 (4)
- May 2010 (4)
- April 2010 (5)
- March 2010 (4)
- February 2010 (4)
- January 2010 (5)
- December 2009 (4)
- November 2009 (4)
- October 2009 (5)
- September 2009 (4)
- August 2009 (2)